Experiencing issues with your iPhone’s camera app can be quite frustrating, especially when you’re trying to capture a crucial moment. Understanding “how to restart camera app on iPhone” is a vital skill that can save you from unnecessary stress. In this article, we’ll walk you through detailed, easy-to-follow steps to effectively restart your camera app, ensuring it functions seamlessly once again.
Table of Contents
How to Restart Camera App on iPhone
Below are the step by step instructions to restart the camera app on your iPhone.
Close the Camera App
The first step to restart the camera app on your iPhone is to close the app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen and hold your finger in the middle of the screen until you see the App Switcher. If you’re using an iPhone with a Home button, double-click the Home button to open the App Switcher.
- Swipe left or right to find the Camera app.
- Swipe the Camera app off the top of the screen to close it.
Read more iPhone camera topics here – iPhone Camera: How To, Problems & Solutions
Restart Your iPhone
After closing the Camera app, the next step in learning how to restart the camera app on iPhone is to restart your iPhone itself. Follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power button along with the volume down button until you see the power off slider.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo.
Open the Camera App Again
Once your iPhone has restarted, you can open the Camera app again:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the Home screen.
- Find the Camera app icon and tap on it to open the app.
Your Camera app should now be functioning smoothly. However, if you’re still encountering issues, consider updating your iOS or contacting Apple Support for further assistance.